Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let's get back to food.......

First, If you are looking for the bracelet auction, go here.

Blogless Jill, AKA, my neighbor brought us the most delicious tomatoes grown from their own back yard. I really didn't belive that tomatoes, such as these, could be grown in Sacramento. Only I would get excited about a tomato but they were so delicious that I wouldn't dream of cooking them so into a salad they went as the main ingredient! Jill, I would take your home grown veggies anytime!

I also learned a secret to caramelizing onions, starting on a high heat with a little kosher salt and then turning down the heat and adding little bits of water for about 1/2 hour makes the most delicious onions ever known.

Sunday was our Labor Day as Carl worked yesterday. We marinated 2 tri-tips for 48 hours teryaki/red wine marinade and smoked them on a charcoal grill with almond and apricot. Mouth watering delic!

Every Fall I have a treat that I make for my family and friends. It is hugely popular and I always seem to be "re-filling" containers. The treat is candied walnuts but I have a secret ingredient that makes this snack highly addicitive, if you can guess what it is, you will get the first jar of them!

Alexia has been back at school for about 1 week now and Aden starts second grade tomorrow at the most wonderful school! The days are a little longer for him and we also have another girl in our class which will be nice.



2 comments:

Amber said...

Okay, great!...So now I'm STARVING! Thanks! :)

Miss you...

Dina said...

so I have no idea what your secret ingredient is.....I just wish I could cook:(

Dina