Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lego's, the cost and the guns!

Being the pacifist that I am, I vowed I would never buy my children anything with guns. So about 5 months ago Aden received a basic lego set that he has been playing happily with since. He decided that he wanted to spend some of his money (holiday's last year) and could I please take him to Toys R Us to get some more Lego stuff. OK, first of all I don't like Toys R Us and second I couldn't believe how much they charge for these Lego sets!!! Aden bought two small sets, Star Wars (yes, the SW's has guns in it) and Castle, to the tune of $36.00! Yikes!! But, as far as the gun thing goes, I figure it is part of him and his desire to "play" with toy guns and he will make them out of whatever he can anyways, he has shaped his toast into one before. I figure if I let him play with them, maybe he will get tired of them eventually. Oh well, he is happily playing as we speak. Any other moms have any thoughts on gun play?


1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

I am trying to avoid guns too but I am not going to be super strict about it like some of my friends. I will have a talk with them about guns and that they are not toys.