Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Scary situation!


I wanted to tell you all about a scary situation we just had in our home. Recently, Carl had started feeling very "off", fuzzy, foggy, extreme legarthy. Today, I tried to wake him up after several long nights at the hospital. He said, in his slurred talking, that he needed more rest. I tried to wake several more times and he was confused and couldn't wake up, something was very wrong. After encouragement by several people, I took his perscription to the pharmacy to have them make sure he had the right medication and "voila" they had put the wrong one in his bottle and he was having a terrible reaction to it.

What I want you all to know is at the very bottom of the perscription bottles in teeny, teeny letters, it has an exact description of what should be in that bottle (double checking stuff). Before you give anyone medication check the bottle and compare it to the pill/liquid. If you have any questions, call the pharmacy. This could have been a disaster!

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I am so glad that you were able to discover the problem before something really bad happened! What a scary situation.

mina said...

I'm glad you even thought of checking the prescription bottle. What a terrible terrible mistake!