Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Favorite Place

Aden and I have a place we like to go about 10 miles from our house. Effie Yeaw Nature Center in Carmichael, set along the American River is a beautiful, peaceful place. Yesterday we took the short drive there and walked for about 3 hours. There are about 4 different trails that you can pick from and Aden selects a different one each time. We spotted groups of huge, wild turkey and groups of beautiful deer. I highly recommend this place for a family outing. We usually pack a snack or 2 and walk, walk walk . Do you have a favorite place you like to go with your kids?


A Fallen Tree


See the Fort I built?


The American River

1 comment:

mina said...

Hi Valerie!
I came across your blog address while browsing through some old messages on my son's carepage. I've recently started blogging, after Bilal's heart issues become much less of a concern, and only occasionally use carepages. It's been great reading about your family and seeing the photos you've taken. Although my BLOG doesn't primarily focus on CHD, I am compiling a list of bloggers who have a personal connection with CHD. If it's OK I'd like to add yours, and I'd love to come back to read more.
khanfamilyoffive.blogspot.com