Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thinkin'

There was another girl, outside of my daughter, that brought my husband and I together. Many of you know that Carl is a PICU RN that specializes in recovering or taking care of children with congenital heart defects. After my daughter's scary hospitalization 10 years ago (when I first met Carl)I attended a funeral of a special girl, Georgina. She was 19-years (I just realized she would be 29 now!) and had a very complicated heart defect. I don't know the details but I do know she was doing well and then she wasn't, surgery or a transplant was not a option so they let her pass. She was Carl's first heart patient and I saw him at the funeral. It was one of the saddest days of my life and during the service they continuely played The Dance by Garth Brooks, I still can't listen to that song without crying. Next month is G's 10-year anniversary of her death. Please be thinking of Georgina and her family.

I have posted the lyrics below, I am curious to know who has heard of this song and does it have a special meaning for anyone else except me.....

The Dance
Written by: Tony Arata Sung by Garth Brooks

Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars alone
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have chanced it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

1 comment:

Djinni said...

It's Been a while since I checked on Alexia, so I checked in on her CarePage and was directed here. What a cool Blog you have. You have so many great things here. The recipe's make me so hungry I will have to cook one soon. I'll bet you have one great kitchen. I started a blog for my son Isaac recently. I like blogging because when my son is healthy and I have something I want to talk about, I don't have to have people directed to his CarePage thinking something might be wrong. I am sure it has been probably like that for you before. It is great to hear Alexia is doing so well, it gives hope to so many of us with young children. Anyway, I hope you didn't mind I added Alexia and this Blog to Isaac's Heart Buddy list on his blog which is: www.laughingwarrior.blogspot.com
Keep Up The Good Work. Djinni