Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Decision Making


How do you help somebody make the most important decision of their lives? Most of you know that I belong to a parent group, Hearts of Hope and have developed some friendships with amazing women. One in particular, Andrea and her husband Dan, have a huge decision to make. They must choose a Surgeon to fix their son, Drew's, little heart. They have received a few opinions, but not one of these physicians is willing to tell them what they must do. Andrea and Dan are very educated people and are amazing advocates for Drew but when it comes down to it, they need to decide and this decision will be one that is with them forever. I wake up thinking about them and go to bed thinking about them, I can't imagine what they are going through. I really can't, because the decision was made for us when Alexia had her repair 18 years ago. Only 2 people would touch her and both would do the same thing.

Thinking of you both, 24-7, as the saying goes. I adore you!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for thinking of us Valerie. We still don't have an answer, but we will keep looking until we have one. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie, I was reading your blog about your daughter, and read that she had Dr. Laks. I also have had Dr. Laks. He has done my last two surgeries and is such an amazing person. He is just so talented and can perform miracles. I'm currently a patient in the adult program at UCLA, and have two amazing cardiologists as my doctors. Stay well.