Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th!

We had a lovely celebration yesterday with my mom and her husband Ed and my brother Dominic. I made a delicious variation on a potato salad with a homemade BBQ sauce over spice rubbed chicken breasts. The BBQ sauce was excellent with a hint of chipotle....I never knew how easy it would be to make your own. The potato salad was roasted red potatos, with fresh, cooked green beans, a lemon/olive oil dressing topped with crumbled _______ (what do you think, if you guess you will win a small prize).

We were out untill near 11:00 PM shooting off fireworks and drinking rootbeer floats with our neighbors. It was really nice. It got cool enough where I had to cover the children with blankets for the show. Every year we are showered with lot's of fireworks from my friend who is head of TNT, we were spoiled again.

Today brings a warmer day. I will be cooking a dinner for Drew and his family as they adjust back to their normal life.

Photos from our night!





1 comment:

Gina and the Gang said...

Crumbled bleu or feta cheese????