Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Three Years Ago Today.....

Alexia had just got home after her 5th open heart surgery. Dr. Richard Mainwaring had done a Aortic Valve Replacement with a St. Jude Mechanical Valve. Although recovery went relatively smoothly, we did ride that, all too familiar, rollercoaster breifly. During surgery, Alexia had a complete blood tranfusion, having bled so much and had some difficulty with atrial flutter, where they had to do a cardioversion to get her back in a normal heart rythym. Some of my friends are either going through or have just gone through the ridiculous ride that we all go through when having a child with a CHD and it makes so many memories very fresh! Click on the link above, 5th Open Heart Surgery and humor me through that silly video, it actually makes sense!

Tonight Alexia and I are going to see the Sacramento Music Circus version of Sweeney Todd, unfortunately, Johnny will not be there but I think I can still sit through it!

1 comment:

whitneyingram said...

Lindsay has been singing the praises of this man ever since Marin's surgery. I think you guys should start a Dr. Mainwaring fan club.