Saturday, July 21, 2007

Birthdays, Book Club and Harry Potter!

This week was a busy one. We continue to do our every day routine of summer school (Lexi), gymnastics and swimming (Aden) but throw into the mix, my Aunt from Pittsburgh Pa and my in-laws from Phoenix, here to celebrate my mom's birthday! There was a lot of celebrating, eating and just having a great time! Everyone left yesterday and now we will get back to "normal". Everyone was so enchanted by this lovely Sacramento weather, they didn't want to leave.

On Thursday Alexia did a 7 minute speech (Communications class) on CHD and the most common defects. Most of her help came from Dr. Rick Mainwaring and a book called "It's My Heart". She is glad to have that over with. Of course, she left early last night to get her copy of the final Harry Potter book at Midnight and stayed at a friends house, no doubt stayed up all night reading it.

I belong to a Book Club with a amazing group of women ranging from 21years to 70+ years, from college student to Physician. We read Joan Dideon's The Year of Magical Thinking and are now on to Keeping The House by Ellen Baker. This one of my favorite things to do every month ecause I enjoy everyone of these ladies, each one brings something different to group.

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I don't have your email address so if you would like to talk more about the home INR monitor just email me. You can find it on my profile page.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.