Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More Harry Potter and the Phenomenal Ms. Helen

The picture you see to your right is Aden and Ms. Helen, the world's best swim teacher. Her last day with Aden is Thursday because she is off to NYU. At the beginning of the summer Aden could hardly put his face in the water and is now swimming amazingly well. She has been a godsend and will be missed greatly. Aden will move on to an equally talented instructor, Issac, who is for the more advanced swimmers, I am sure this experience will be equally as good.

So, Alexia got her final Harry Potter book at 12:01AM Saturday and had it finished by 10:00 Saturday morning. I am on a whopping 7th chapter. The Bee contacted her yesterday (heard she had finished the book) and interviewed her about spoilers and plot points, to read this interview go to: http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/story/287922.html.

I am working on our An Evening with Your Child's Heart Team on the 28th of September. It is a panelled discussion on congenital heart defects with a sit down dinner here in Sacramento. This year we are rolling in a Heart Lung machine and will have a Perfusionist explaining this mysterious piece of equipment. If anyone would like a inviation please email me directly: vboesen@hotmail.com.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I loved the new Harry Potter! It took me three days to finish it, but I had to take care of the kids, clean up, cook dinner, etc.
I also really enjoyed the Evening with your Child's Heart Team last year. How cool that they'll have a heart-lung machine there this year.

Anonymous said...

Valerie, your family is absolutely brethtaking! I love the picture of Aden in the water with his swim teacher - my preschooler is in swim classes right now and she is not a natural swimmer. However, much to my surprise, Gabe at 12 months, is! I brought him to one of Emma's classes and discovered a natural love!

Alexia is just beautiful! Wow, 5 OHS is just staggering - I barely made it through 2! How is she? I would love to hear more about her and your family. Was DORV her main diagnosis? I am really trying to reach out to other heart families as I try to envision our future with Gabe - one that I am hoping will be completely uneventful :)

The blog looks great too!