Sunday, July 29, 2007

My life is ruled by a "click".......

When Alexia chose her St. Jude Mechanical valve because of it's life expectancy, she didn't tell me that the thing would "click" for every heart beat. I can take her heart rate from across the room and behind closed doors in the peace of the night. I can tell every premature beat, extra beat and too fast heart rate. When we go to the gym, I can hear the thing over the music (ok I am exaggerating)but it wouldn't surprise me. The Doc's said I would get used to it...when?????...please tell me. But the big question is.... when will I stop worrying that it will stop "clicking"??

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

That has to be more than a little off putting to hear that all the time.

kyouell said...

I just read your blog and found it really interesting. I came across it because I was googling "sutter mainwaring" hoping to find a page about him on Sutter's site. My son has Tetralogy of Fallot which Dr. M. fixed in 2005. He had a 2nd heart surgery this year where Dr. M. was assisted by Dinice. She was a nice addition to his team. I hope that she has great success in Seattle (after a well-deserved restful honeymoon!).

We don't think we are going to be able to make the dinner on the 28th, but I take it that the invitation we got was from you? It sounds like a fun and informative evening, but I have a 4-month old that is breastfeeding. And, after all we went through with my son, I just can't bear to pump for her. Hopefully this event will happen again (like the reunion we missed because he was having his second surgery during it) and we will be able to attend next time.