Sunday, November 11, 2007

Every six months..........

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
November and May are high stress times in my life. That is when Alexia has her twice yearly appointment with her Cardiologist. On the surface I know that she is doing fantastic but deep down I can't help but wonder if I am missing something, she did go to bed at 10:00PM the other night, that must mean something, her INR was .1 lower than it usually is or she didn't have seconds at dinner last night. Ridiculous, I know.

On another note, Joao (from Ecuador) had his OH surgery to repair his large VSD on Thursday and will be getting discharged tomorrow. 22-years ago that would have guaranteed a 10 day stay, at least. We have come a long way baby. To read about this amazing boy go to: http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/482336.html

CONTEST!!!!

Several months back I had a contest on why you needed a CHD hat and a delightful writer responded (so did many) but Jenni had won. I sent her hat and Target gift card and it was returned to me last week, the box was in tatters and they couldn't recognize the address. Since my computer crashed and I lost her address and hope she can respond to this, so I can re-send the package. If anyone knows how to get a hold of Jenni from the Three Jones please let me know.

New Contest: What makes your Christmas tree so special. You can win a set of three mother of pearl ornaments, including a heart, star and tree from Crate and Barrel. Contest ends Wednesday, 11/14.

4 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Yeah I know how you feel. Evan is up for his six month check up in December, so on top of the Christmas stress I have that one too.

What makes my tree so special is that we have a mish mash of ornaments. Most are from my or my husband's childhood but we are adding one each year for the boys.

Dina said...

what makes my Christmas tree so special is that every year since each girl (and there are 3 of them the oldest being 14) was born I have them pick out one new ornament. Every year is something different depending on their interests and hobbies. I write their initials on the bottom of the ornament and the year and then when they are grown and establish their own home I will give them all of their ornaments for their own tree. I also use all of the handmade gifts that the older girls have given me each year since they started school - many of them have their picture from that school year on it so they are very special to me as I can see the changes over time of my babies growing up.
My Christmas tree is one that I often lay under after everyone has gone to bed and as I look up at the tree every single ornament on it has some special memory for me.

Dina

Gina and the Gang said...

My Christmas tree is special because each year, the ornaments tell the ever changing history of my life. When I was in my early 20's, my mom passed on to me all my ornaments I received when I was a child growing up. I can look at each one with the year and my name and know the story of who gave it to me, and when. As the years have passed, there are now ornaments that also tell my history as a friend, teacher, wife, and mother. If you look closly at my tree, you will be able to see the many things that are so important in my life, as well as the lives of my family. Each year, we look at our tree and are reminded of who we were, where we came from, and what we have become.
Gina

Angie Brooks Photography said...

Our baby Zachary passed away on November 30, 1999. The following year I wanted to figure out a way to include Zachary in our Christmas celebration in a fun way, a way that his siblings could participate. We went out and bought a little white Christmas tree ... white symbolizing his heavenly glow, like a angel. We decorate it with blue lights ... symbolizing the fact that our hearts are blue without him year. That first year we bought one little angel ornament ... symbolizing our years without him here. Each year on Nov. 30, we put up Zachary's tree and pick out a new ornament for Zachary's tree. This year we will add our 8th ornament to Zachary's Christmas tree ... marking 8 years without our precious little guy. Our