Sunday, April 27, 2008

Camelliapalooza



Alexia and I getting ready to leave for the event.

I have got to say this continues to be best event I have ever been to. My friend Lorraine bought the first grade several tables near the front of the room. I am sure we raised near the $100,000 mark. It was incredible.

The first grade (that would be our class) donated a Argentinian Dinner for 12 Saturday, June 21st, to celebrate the Summer Solstice. Experience a traditional asado (barbecue) prepared by Chef Christian Margedant, who will be sharing his favorite family recipes with you and 10-12 of your closest friends The wonderful Argentinian wines will be provided by Sacramento Magazine wine writer and Winery Consultant Elaine Smith, who will offer a dazzling champagne sabering performance. Round out the evening with a special tango performance!

Outside of the Iceland and Jamaica trip, this was one of the most popular live auction items. It finally went for over $2,000.

My item I came home with was a handpainted stool by the Games/Movement teacher Mrs. Ring. See below. It is absolutely beautiful. This was a nice get away for Carl, Lexi and I after a very stressful week.





Me, Lorrie, Lorraine and Svava

Did I ever say how much I love this school and every single person in it?

2 comments:

CanCan said...

What a fun night, and a fabulous auction!

CanCan said...

I wanted to stop by and tell you that I'm doing a give away this week for some cute "matchbook gardens" on my green blog. Come enter!