Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Leave it to a 22-year-old!

Today Alexia and I were talking about mine and Carl's upcoming B-days, May 10th (Carl's)and May 12th(mine). I insisted that I will be 44 and she insisted 45, of course, she was right. She has been planning to throw a Birthday Bash for this milestone B-day and I should know not to question her memory.

On another note. Carl and my 9th anniversary is approaching on the 17th of April. He is a amazing man and has taught me so much, so much came out of that scary hospital stay in 1997. We are trying to decide if we should take the Harley to Amador for dinner or stay close to home.

How did you celebrate your last anniversary? Anything unique or dare I ask.......

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I hope your anniversary is better than our last one. We spent it in the ER at UCDMC with a sick little boy. But when we did a make-up anniversary a month later we took a bike ride into Folsom together and had brunch. Then rode home and went to dinner and a movie.

Gina and the Gang said...

I can't really top Andrea's, but I'm close! We were at home in quarantine with BOTH kids having RSV. So...my sister in law picked up food from Carver's. It actually turned out to be a very nice evening, since we put some effort into it to make it feel like a real date. Go to Amador Girl!

Awesome Mom said...

This year we are moving, so we are not planning anything. Hopefully we can celebrate in a new home that we own. Congrats on your 9th anniversary.

Amber said...

It was off to Hawaii for us! I decided after this trip that honeymoons are over-rated. Our fifth anniv trip last year was WAY more fun than a week in Mexico with someone I'd never even shared a room with yet! :)

Dina said...

Well....Russ and I BOTH forgot our anniversary this past January. We actually didn't even remember until February. And we don't even have the excuse that we were in the hospital....we just forgot. I guess after 15 years married (20 together) we are entitled to forget:) But this reminds me now that we still haven't celebrated!

mina said...

44, 45, who's counting?

I don't think we did much of anything last anniversary, how dull is that? I am sad to admit we haven't even been out to dinner without the kids since before Bilal was born (he'll be 2 in July!) But April sure is a good month for anniversaries, our 14th (ivory, my daughter tells me) is on April 22nd. Happy anniversary in advance!