Friday, May 23, 2008

Need some verification that I did the right thing.....

This morning I was at Target getting some presents for several Birthday parties Aden has over the next few days. I happened to be trailing (not intentionally) two moms (not together) who had children that looked to be about 4 years, with them. The children kept wondering off and the mom's were focused on what they were shopping for, not realizing they had "disappeared" for several minutes. Every time I saw these families there was a man with a cowboy hat and a cup of coffee (no cart) not far from where they were. He was watching the little girl with way too much interest, for my comfort level. I happened to be near them many times and he was always there. At one point he smiled at the little girl and gestured a "come here" sign with his hand. I know for a fact he wasn't with any of them. I did find a security guard and told him what I saw and he seemed to take me very seriously. I think I can be vrey observant most of the time and my "gut feeling" is usually right. I really hope that if something was about to happen, I prevented it.

Maybe my paranoia is coming from a book I am reading called The Shack. In any event, I hope I did the right thing..........

1 comment:

Gina and the Gang said...

Yep, you did the right thing! Horrible people are getting more and more courageous these days, and too many things are happening in broad daylight. Not to mention, you sure didn't offend anyone by what you did. Creepy men's opinions don't matter.