Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Support Group



When Alexia was young and I mean 15 years ago, I belonged to the BEST CHD support group. We lasted about 10 years and then fizzled as the children had their repairs and started growing up, parents did not need the group any longer (that is the natural progression of things). I still feel the need to connect with other heart families and offer my support to "new" families starting their journey. We finally are on the roll for a new support group in the Sacramento area. It is held the last Thursday of every month at Sutter Memorial Hospital, with refreshments, speakers etc. If anyone, who checks this Blog is local feel free to inquire and stop by for a visit and meet others who are sharing your experiences.

PS: Don't forget to enter the CHD cap contest below the picture of me and my favorite surgeon, just offer your comment in that section.

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I wish that we lived closer. I like the online support I have gotten but it would still be nice to meet parents face to face.

Andrea said...

I plan to join you on the 30th. I'm excited to meet some new heart moms.