Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thinkin'

My desire to learn to knit is huge, I just need to get my husband's Aunt out here to teach me, she lives in BC and I, in Northern California, pretty expenisve class if you ask me. If I wait a couple more years my 6 year old son, Aden could probably teach me, as knitting is part of their curriculum in his school, they start in First grade. My last desire was to learn how to cook, it happened and was relatively inexpenisve, a annual payment of $40 to Fine Cooking magazine.

Lot's going on in the CHD world for me now. We are starting a Support Group at the hospital for families of children with Congenital Heart Disease, I am the Chairperson for the Family Advisory Council at this same hospital (we focus on making sure the hospital has Family Centered Care) and I may be helping to take over a local Children's Heart, Non Profit. Am also working on our Children's Heart Surgery Parent Evening Symposium which is at the end of September.

Oh!! I did get 4 hours to myself yesterday thanks to a dear friend. Guess what I did, got my oil changed and oh yes, a 60 minute facial, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Below, pic's I have taken........

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

http://knittinghelp.com/
That is a great website with good pictures. I learned how to knit from my sister when Evan was in the hospital for his stroke.

Amanda said...

I second what Awesome Mom said about that site. My primary knitting skill is anything that's rectangular; fortunately, this means I can knit dishcloths, dishtowels, and blankets galore!

Casting on's a bit of a bear at first, and the seed and moss stitches can get a bit iffy when you're learning just where to place the yarn prior to doing the "wind" with the skein end, but it all works out. Just start with relatively inexpensive, medium weight yarn with corresponding needles and be prepared to rip stuff out.

That said, definitely a relaxing "zen-like" habit :)